I'm having troubles getting my Apple Personal LaserWriter LS to work with my
Wallstreet.

I have the 300/LS extension active, the power cord is plugged in, I can turn
it on and get a green light. The toner cartridge is in and I've got paper in
the tray. The printer cable is securely plugged into both the port on the
printer and the WS. I have it active in the chooser and it's set to the
printer port because the modem port is used by AppleTalk.

The error message I'm getting is:
There is a problem with the printer, check to see that the printer is
connected and that the printer is turned on.

I checked all of that, what am I missing?

Thanks