On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 06:28 PM, Joćo Loureiro wrote:

Hello,

I have a similiar situation in a Lombard.
Bought a 30GB Hitachi drive to replace the 6GB original IBM.

When I start from 10.2 CD, I run Disk Utility to initialize the drive, but the program doesn't see the drive.
No sight of it.

If I put the old one back, the machine boots normally and the drive is recognizable.

Any ideias?

Make sure that when you install the 30 gig drive, that the connector clip is firmly pushed into the new drive as well as where it goes into the mb. The clip into the mb moves up and out easily and can't be seen well.....

Have you tried booting from a 9.x CD as well?

 <!-- #EndEditable --></TD>
--
Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sig last modified
    <!-- #BeginDate format:Am2 -->09/13/03<!-- #EndDate -->
</DIV>
<!-- #EndLibraryItem --></TD>
    </TR>
</TABLE>