On 9/jan/2004, at 19:30, Krevnik wrote:

Yes, most definitely make sure the connections are good. I installed a 40GB Hitachi recently and had to re-format a second time because the drive connector came loose and would not get recognized by any piece of software. Before closing up the machine, double and triple check BOTH connections are in as firmly as possible, then if it still doesn't recognize, contact Hitachi for a replacement.

Have you tried booting from a 9.x CD as well?

Indeed, a boot from the 9.1 CD was done. But the same behaviour happen. I really did check all connections more than twice. The drive was sent back for replacement.

Thanks anyway.
When I get the other (new) drive I will tell news if the installation doesn't run like expected.

- Joćo.