On Jan 28, 2004, at 1:08 PM, Robin Ashe wrote:

How are you overclocking? Are you just increasing the CPU speed or are you
increasing the bus speed? Both can have problems, but they're especially
likely if you're increasing the bus speed. You'll put everything else out of
whack. I would suggest at least while you're installing Panther that you
return the system to normal settings. You should be able to overclock after
you're finished installing as the installation process is usually more picky
about stability issues than anything else.

1999 Bronze keyboard PowerBook, aka Lombard.  333MHz overclocked to
433MHz, 512 MB of Kingston RAM (2x256MB), 40 GB Toshiba MK4019GAX hard
drive.  Runs hot, but the fan never comes on.  A bit slow but very
stable under Jaguar.

Nice catch. I completely skimmed that...

Phil Burk