I disagree.

Nobody is out but the owners, stockholders, and investors and future users
and recipients of Apple product.

Due to the assenine class-action suit against Apple, this has had lots of
press.  I have it from a  good source that they've been working on this program
for nearly 14 months, but it took a while to get the system hammered out, even
though tons of folks were having the problem.  They knew it was an issue LONG
before some sleazoid lawyers decided to make a quick buck...

The real winners are the jack-a$$ lawyers who sued--they'll come out with the
cash. The plaintiffs are going to be lucky if they walk away with their
machines repaired, and in the end, the only advantage to you and me is that the
news hit the stands a little louder because of the suit.  Apple was working on it
and would have released it (the program) anyway, because they DO care
abouttheir clients, despite what some here think.

The issue is HIGHLY technical, not easy to resolve, and requires a very very
complex process, so development of a cure has taken quite some time to
implement.

That said, the other real winner is ATI. The whole problem is due to a poorly
designed and faulty ATI Rage Pro chip, not by evil Republicans in the dark
folds of Apple...   Unless something happened behind closed doors, those ATI
guys are the ones who made out like bandits--cause they never had to pay for the
problem they caused Apple by selling a problematic chip, which overheats and
blows up every 18 months.

Tom.