On 1/31/04 11:44 PM, "David M. Ensteness" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ah, the subject line of this e-mail thread was written by you and it
> was about how the tray loading iMac drive was flawed, that is what I
> referenced [the CD-ROM drives] in my above statement, you reading OK?
> Need some help?

You're the one who needs the help. The title clearly states Re: iMac tray
problem not iMac tray flaws. There's a difference.

> There is a control panel for just that ... you aren't real familiar
> with Classic Mac OS either are you? Oh and Classic Mac OS after System
> 7 will respect file extensions if you ask it to.

I've already used that control panel, and set all extensions for text based
documents to MS Word. It ignored it.

> As for Flash, if you install Flash player and read the dialog boxes for
> the installer there is one that states: memory should be increased for
> your browser, do you want that done at this time? I don't see clicking
> "yes" as manually increasing the memory.

Clicking is a manual action. And even Linux dynamically allocates memory.
It's obviously a bad sign when the Mac needs more configuration than Linux
does.

> Only used it a couple hours, eh? Good luck to you with that.

Way to make unsubstantiated comments.

> Uhm, that is all well and great for viruses that are e-mailed, but the
> worst and the newest for the past year have all been self-propagating,
> they don't use e-mail ... I know that is a hard thing to grasp, but
> seriously, slammer, not an e-mail virus, there have been a couple
> before and after slammer, in fact there was a new one out this past
> week.

I didn't say I don't use a Firewall, but then again, Mac users use them too.

> Anyone who says, "I know enough ..." always makes me smile. I never
> have to worry about them knowing more than me. Its good to be
> unsatisfied.

As long as you're happy in your little world.

> You don't have a lot of depth here. The PowerBook G4 Ti was declared
> the best available laptop by PC World, PC Mag, Business Week, and
> Business 2.0 when it came out. The PowerBook 12" and 17" models were
> regarded as being in the top two contenders for high end laptops.

That was then, this is now. The Wallstreet was the best when it came out. It
certainly isn't now. One thing is for sure though, I would pick a Pismo over
a Powerbook G4 any day.

> You get what you pay for. You are in school, eh? University of
> something or other you said? College, good, time to learn something.
> You can buy a cheap car and customize it, or cheap computer components.
> Depending on if you like analogies or not. However, you can't match the
> feature set of a pro level Mac with a home built PC at the same price
> point. You can justify it by writing off features you say you don't
> need or aren't important, but you can't build something with feature
> parity so the argument is moot.

Are you just blowing hot air or are you willing to back that up? Give me the
specs of a specific Mac and I'll show you a PC that does the same job.