On Feb 1, 2004, at 3:26 AM, Robin Ashe wrote:

You're not familiar with the concept of conservation of energy are you?

Nitpicking is a dangerous thing. He was just screwing around.

They're responsible for choosing the third party.

Yeah, you have a point. They have to make sure they're receiving dependable products because they have their names stamped on the stuff. It ultimately becomes their responsibility as it could tarnish their reputation.

People were saying they should have dropped Motorola for years before they
moved to IBM. Making the switch 1 or 2 years earlier wouldn't have been
hasty.

If Apple switched to IBM two years ago we'd be using G3 chips running cooler and faster. There would be no G4 in Macs. Also, Apple might had had a contract with Motorola as well.

--markemmanuel