Isn't the main reason for new Apple hardware to run the latest BSD stuff (sans FreeBSD), Linux, Windows (via VirtualPC), and other stuff due to Apple's acceptance of Openfirmware while Windows based manufacturers still rely on BIOS? Also, isn't running Virtual PC make Window's painfully slow on Apple hardware? Remember, there's always an open source project do do crazy things like bring MacOS X to the x86-64 environment.

Your link failed to include links to Debian, Mandrake, and Yellow dog. They all make Linux for Macs and work on in a very dilligently