I ran both on Macintosh; Tax Cut for TY 2001 and Turbo Tax for TY 2002. I
prefer Turbo Tax, because the interview feature seemed better than Tax Cut.
I also prefer TT for the New York state return, which is one of the most
complicated returns.

Others will like Tax Cut, personal preference.

Many years ago, I worked for a small accounting firm that handled retail tax
returns. We did batch returns for about 25 prepares in the Deep South.
Occasionally, I would pick up a missed tax break, or a better deduction. 99%
of the returns, though, were typing them in on the PC and transmitting them
to the IRS.

People, save yourself the money. Buy a tax program!