on 03/02/04 21:35, Jim Scolman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 Hi All, well I dropped the first computer of my life....it had to be my
 beloved Pismo.  It fell about two feet onto a carpeted floor, face down,
 that is, both screen and keyboard facing the floor.  It still works but it
 now has a one pixel wide, vertical, red line about 1/3 of the way from the
 left edge.  I flexed the screen, moved the lid back and forth, popped off
 the keyboard, I can't even see the video cable.  Any help will be greatly
 appreciated.  I can live with it but I don't want to.  Thanks all.  Jim
> Scolman

What edge took the hit first, the front by the track pad or the back, corner was it a even landing?

If you have a external monitor and the plug that came with the pismo you can hook it up and see what you see

The video cable is the big old yellow feller on the left side it has a screw holding it in place

To get at it where the hinge is there are a couple of steps. You have to lay the keyboard off, then just inside of the power button and sleep light lift up on the hinge cover, just put the screen back and pull up gentely but firmly. If you get a little nervous go back in the list a few weeks and you will see some posts by me that the good folks here gave me during my sweat fest and getting this cover off. This will let you see if the cable is getting pinched. Probably is not but you never know. Go the short way before the long way.
Hope this works. The good thing, screens for the Pismo are not too bad. If you get one, get a complete screen so it just drops in. But your a ways from this yet.
Good luck
Geoff