Jim Scolman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> responding to my earlier reply asks:
>Hi Dan, well I wiggled the cable and made sure everything was seated and
>plugged in and to no avail.  How do I find the make and model of my screen?
>Will any LCD of the same make and model work, will the connector be the
>same, will it take my cable?  Will one from a Dell or IBM work, if it is the
>correct one of course?
You'll have to pull the back off the display housing to get to the label
on the rear of the LCD. An LCD with the _exact_same_ model number will
work, no matter from where it came. Note the model number will look
something like this - "LTN141XU-L01" (though this example is almost
certainly NOT the one YOU need) and it's almost certainly gotta match
entirely and exactly. This example is a Samsung part and I don't know
what the PN all means, though "LTN141" is a 14.1" TFT LCD. Variations on
"LTN141" (and there are many!) probably relate to the mechanical design,
connector position and type, LCD controller type, backlight cable
position and length, etc.

As for pulling the display bezel apart . . . have you got the repair
manual or its equivalent? It's not at all difficult but plastic damage is
likely if opened improperly, the little edge clippy things break easily.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500