Exactly..

I was shocked the first time I saw my email address come up on Google, from
this list. Especially after all the ranting about the rules and restrictions.
Pretty inconsistent.  Perhaps the Powers that Be should consider just pulling
the archive.

Here's a thought. Pull the archives from the web, then put a single hot
button on the home page that one can use to search the archives. have the LEM
server store the archives but not in html--have it database them, so you have to do
a manual search on the LEM server.. That would eliminate spamming/netting of
all our addresses, and we could still then get plenty of access to the
archives (as could any member or potential member).

TOm.