Hello all.

After six years on the dark side, I went out yesterday and bought myself a
new PowerBook.  I was a long-time PowerBook user before, having started on a
145B back in 1993, replaced by a 5300c in 1995, before I defected to Windows
in 1998.  My defection was not related to the software, but rather to
Apple's then unwillingness to sell me a new laptop with an active matrix
screen for $2000 or less.  At that time, they had the cacheless, passive
matrix Wallstreet at $1999, and the cheapest active matrix model at $2799.

Six years later and I've replaced my IBM ThinkPad X21 with a 1GHz 12"
PowerBook.  Not sure yet about how Panther compares to XP, as I'm still
learning my way around, but so far I'm impressed.  The interface is
attractive and the hardware is simply gorgeous.

Anyway, I'll post more once I'm up to speed.

Andrew