On Mar 2, 2004, at 9:50 AM, Phil Burk wrote:

Anne,

Do you own a disk utility like DiskWarrior?

Sorry, should have mentioned that - Disk Warrior & Tech Tools Pro, which I keep on a separate partition with OS 9.1 (never got around to updating it! - I have 9.2.2 on the main partition).

Freezes will happen on occasion while running off that partition, running Tech Tools, so it doesn't appear to be a bad main-partition OS (though freezes are less frequent - maybe because I'm having it do fewer things at once???) - and (other than that) both utilities run fine, fix the occasional disk problem (the kind you don't know of until the utility tells you it wants to fix it!) and give the computer a clean bill of health.

Anne