On 03/03/04 13:01, "Andrew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So nobody knows how to make a bootable OS X CD?  As an
> old Windows user, having a bootable disk was always
> easy and frequently useful, so I need to know how to
> make one for my PB.
>
> Andrew
>

>> Tom,
>>
>> What do you mean by "will show up like commercial
>> CD's do"? Like with a
>> custom icon?

I believe that Toast has the ability to make bootable CD's. The best way to
control the appearance of the CD is to first create a disk image with Disk
Utility. Put your content in it, arrange the icons, the window size, the
disk icon, etc. Then, when you're ready to burn, I believe that Disk Utility
can burn a disk image to a recordable CD. If I recall correctly, Toast also
had this ability.

-Laurent.