On 19/03/04 13:26, "Eugene Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 08:45:11AM -0600, Steve Fuller wrote:
> :
> : On Mar 19, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Andrew wrote:
> :
> : >You need it because those viruses fake the sender's address, so you
> : >might get something from someone you "trust", which is really a virus,
> : >then not being able to open the "photo" that your "friend" sent, you
> : >reply asking him or her to send it again only now your friend's
> : >computer (which runs Windows) is infected by that virus that YOU sent.
> :
> : While this is a plausible scenario, this issue (along with many others
> : on the net) boils down to user training. The Mac did not forward the
> : virus, YOU the user did.
>
> Why should I as a Mac user care about the survival of Windoze machines?
> The healthy diverse ecosystem theory does not apply to the one species
> that overwhelmingly dominates all others.

I wholeheartedly agree with Eugene. Even if my wife is using a Dell, I
couldn't care less about the problems that Windows users have. You
ultimately always have the choice of what you do in life, so they decided to
make their lives miserable and painful, that's their choice.

Now, bring back some PowerBooks-related topics!

-Laurent.