On Mar 26, 2004, at 7:10 PM, tivo wrote:

Yes, OSX is my usual OS, but the 6gig was formatted on, I believe, 9.2. My
desktop now is OSX, where I thought the icon for the drive would appear, and
then when opened it would automatically open to OS9, but it hasn't appeared
at all.

It didn't appear initially, so that's when I installed the CD driver the
unit came with. Should I uninstall the driver, although I don't see what
that would do.

The unit lights up and spins, yet no appearance of the icon on the destop
that I can see.

Unless you installed the OS 9 disc drivers when you installed OS X, you may be out of luck. I remember seeing something regarding this when I've done my OS X installs. As I recall, the gist was that you needed to install those drivers if you intended to read OS 9 discs from OS X. Or an OS 9 partition. I never worried about since I don't use Classic on any of my OS X machines. I'd take a look at Apple's support site for more info.

John