on 26/03/04 11:12, Rad Craig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just got my first mac laptop (wallstreet) and I have some questions.
>
> 1.  It had OS X 10.2.6 on it when i got it and I want to upgrade to the
> latest version.  I did software update, but 10.2.8 is the highest it
> seems to go, which is on it now.  I have 10.3 on a CD, but it says it
> can't be installed when i try to run it off the CD.
>
> Will software update not allow it to go from 10.2.8 to 10.3?
>
> I have XPostFacto (latest version, got it last night), but not sure I'm
> using it right.

Officially, 10.3 requires built-in USB ports on the Macintosh you want to
install it on. Your Wallstreet doesn't have built-in USB ports. So, you'll
need to use XPostFacto, but I've never used it myself.

> 2.  How does 'drag-lock' work for the trackpad?

You double-click a moveable object (like a window title bar) and you hold
the second click down for a few seconds. Usually, that will lock the drag.
You tap the trackpad again to release.

> 3.  Is there no way to be able to right-click with the trackpad?

Hold down the Control key when clicking.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild
pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the
malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is
sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal
machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it
incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage.
Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted.
See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory
smash, overrun screw, core.