A tiny Installation Manual that came with the enclosure says, "If your
system is Mac OS 9.0 or above, the system can find the driver directly." But
you're saying that the driver doesn't exist on my basic OS9 partition that
came with the machine, right? I would think that it would be there, no?

I've looked on support, but don't see anything that specifically applies to
the hard drive and reading OS9 through OSX. Anyone have anything more
specific? I won't be able to get Meritline tech support until Monday.

Why do these issues always occur after closing time on a Friday?

Appreciate any guidance.  Tivo