On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, w miller wrote:

> I'm still researching what I need to transfer VHS tapes to DVD, and have
> been looking at My Video.

Please let us know what you end up using... This is something I would like
to do once I get the PB.

> The specs include "High powered USB port or
> powered USB Hubs" in addition to bulit-in USB. Can someone tell me what that
> is and why it's required?

I am not sure what "High Powered USB port" means but "powered USB hub"
means that it plugs into the wall outlet.  There are USB hubs which run on
"bus power" (i.e. the power they get from the main USB port on the
computer).  Most USB hubs have a switch which you can choose either "self
powered" (aka bus power) or "A/C Power" (or the like).

>     Any opinions on My Video vs. Studio DV? Should I be considering other
> contenders? I'd like to include the TV capture, as well.

No ideas but I would be interested to find out what you learn.

TjL