Tom:

Give a trial look at both Sound Studio from Feltip Software and Amadeus II from Hairersoft

Both will do aiff ... Amadeus might be a little more full-featured ... I've had Sound Studio for years ... I've only recently had Amadeus ... see which one has the features and pricing you like ... I think you'll like either.

Also, go to http://www.versiontracker.com and view "quality" comments about the software ... disregard the "rant" reviews ..

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10003 - Sound Studio
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/7392 - Amadeus II

I'm assuming you are in Jaguar or Panther ...

There are higher level and higher priced solutions as well ... but if you think shareware will do the trick, the above should suffice.

Regards,

B. Forbes