On 4/15/04 10:28 AM, "Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What about the hard drive limitations on the ibook.
>
> on 4/5/04 9:17 AM, Robert Greenstreet at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> On 4/5/04 10:51 AM, "Kathe Wittenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I agree with Bruce's view on this. I have a G3/800 iBook and a G4/800
>>> desktop Mac. The G4 is noticeably faster then the iBook, especially
>>> after upgrading to Panther.
>>>
>>> Namaste,
>>>
>>> Kathe Wittenberg
>>> Royal Oak, MI
>>>
>> The speed difference here is largely attributable to the G4, but the
>> PowerBook also offers much more robust caching.

The iBook drive will be both smaller and slower than the G4. The system bus
is probably also faster in the G4.

FWIW, I just purchased a G4 iBook. Got the 1G because Amazon had a rebate
and price drop which meant I basically got the small speed bump (from the
933) and a 60G HD for nothing. It is plenty of computer for my needs, and
actually makes my (work) 667 TiBook look a little long in the tooth at
times.

--
Robert Greenstreet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We have no way of changing the past, but we have endless opportunities for
changing the future."
   --Bhichai Rattakul, Rotary International President, 2002-2003