No fan in a Wallstreet, at least I didn't see one when I took mine apart to replace the PRAM battery. However, mine is a first generation WS.

J Sanderson

On Tuesday, Apr 20, 2004, at 10:45 US/Central, Dr. K. Gensberg wrote:

Hi folks,
sorry to ask something that has undoubtedly been covered already, but here goes......

I have a WallStreet 266 which used to run all the time on OS 9.2, but I have increasingly been using OS 10.1.4. When I put it to sleep while in OSX, I hear a cooling fan (I think) start to run when the computer is disconected from the mains supply. This stops once it's reconnected, even though the computer is still asleep. I reckon that the unnecessary fan activity increases battery drain while asleep (plus, it annoys me).

Any solutions?

Thanks

Karl

-- Dr. K. Gensberg, Tel. (44) 121-414 5406 School of Biosciences, Fax. (44) 121-414 6840 University of Birmingham, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, England.

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |