On Apr 20, 2004, at 9:59 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

on 20/04/04 18:54, Kurt Appling at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all, I am useing a TI800 and D-link wireless internet, my question
is how well does lynksys wireless USB work for peripherals and mac's? i
saw it in sams club,is it OK or is there better? TIA

I have no idea how well Linksys wireless USB stuff works, but based on
various comments I read about their networking products, they are not
supportive at all for the Macintosh, so don't expect any support if you run
into problems...

Occasionally I install wireless networks for various people (side money)... I have run into huge problems with the USB linksys wireless interfaces. The first one was on a Windows ME machine, and I blamed it on ME. The second one happened two weeks ago on a brand new Dell with WinXP - it was a pain to install and it would lock the machine after being on for less than five minutes (on that machine I replaced it with a PCI version and it's been perfect ever since). Now I know this might not have anything to do with them working on apple OS's but as for me, whether in apple, windows, linux or whatever I'm staying away from those cards. I'll vouch for their other stuff though (i'm on network with their 54g access point going through their cable router w/4 port switch then through their cable modem - not to mention the cute little 5 port switch that the access point plugs into - on my airport extreme equipped al pb)