From: Jim Eddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Is it time to upgrade?
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:25:18 -0400

I have a G3 Pismo. I'm pretty happy with it, but I do envy the screen
space on my wife's 15" Al-book. I also wouldn't mind a bit of extra
speed, but not sure how much bang for the buck I'd get to upgrade.
I've been looking at  the G4 667. Is the difference between the earlier
ones and the later DVI models significant? It looks like it might be.
How would the Ti 667  compare with putting a 500mhz Daystar G4 in my
Pismo?
Or maybe just sit tight with the Pismo for a while--it's still a very
nice machine.
--

One of the nice things you'd get with a 667mhz TiBook is the 16MB graphics chip. That lets Quartz Extreme take over, making OSX seem a little quicker. You give up expansion bays, but if you get one with a combo drive that's important.
I don't know about the Firewire performance, but I can tell you that with a 500mhz TiBook the FW is really slow. I mean way slower than Pismo, slower even than a Lombard with a PC card.

---
JSH
TiBook