Hello all. . .

I've got a Pismo/500, 1gig RAM, 30 gig HDD and I'm currently running Jaguar 10.2.8. I mainly use my beloved laptop for online web design and I'm usually connected on the field via my cell phone through Bluetooth. Folks, believe it or not, I've got Panther sitting at home on a shelf. . .why? I'm simply afraid to install it. I've been working with computers since '87 and know basically everything there is to know about computers. . .like the headaches that one gets when upgrading to a newer version of an OS. What am I worried about? Well drivers for starters. . .I've got a completely portable system except the printer which includes an external bus powered firewire CD burner, bus powered USB scanner and a bus powered USB zip drive. . .all of which fits neatly in my carrying case. The question is will these things work after the upgrade? Will I have to (sigh) re-install all the software to run the scanner, printer etc.? There's also the question of my digital camera. . .gulp. . .will it still work with iPhoto? I know, I'm probably just paranoid but like I mentioned before, I've gone through this in the past and it's not fun. . .plus I'm the guy who waits FOREVER before upgrading. . ."if it ain't broke why fix it?" I didn't move up from OS 9 'til 10.2.3 came out!

Anyway, for those who think it's worth it to upgrade the machine to Panther let me know and give reasons other than the cool profile switching and expose. Is bluetooth support improved? Stuff like that would be beneficial and might make it worth my while. And for those who are wondering why I went out and bought Panther only to loose sleep and not install it. . .I didn't. It was a birthday gift.

Hardware info:

Scanner:  Canon Canoscan Lide30 (USB powered)

Burner:  SmartDisk VST Firewire external (Firewire powered)

Printer:  Epson Stylus C84

Digital Camera:  Casio Exilim

Zip Drive: usual USB powered Zip 100 (don't think this will be a problem)

Anyway, I've been looking online for drivers and software updates etc. and what concerns me are companies who swear that there stuff is Mac compliant by only stating that it's for 10.2 and up. That's a little to vauge for me considering that 10.3 is so big it's on 3 CD-ROM's!