on 15/05/04 01:09, Zoltan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[snip!]
> Anyway, for those who think it's worth it to upgrade the machine to
> Panther let me know and give reasons other than the cool profile
> switching and expose.  Is bluetooth support improved?  Stuff like that
> would be beneficial and might make it worth my while.  And for those
> who are wondering why I went out and bought Panther only to loose sleep
> and not install it. . .I didn't.  It was a birthday gift.
>
> Hardware info:
>
> Scanner:  Canon Canoscan Lide30 (USB powered)
>
> Burner:  SmartDisk VST Firewire external (Firewire powered)
>
> Printer:  Epson Stylus C84
>
> Digital Camera:  Casio Exilim
>
> Zip Drive:  usual USB powered Zip 100 (don't think this will be a
> problem)
>
> Anyway, I've been looking online for drivers and software updates etc.
> and what concerns me are companies who swear that there stuff is Mac
> compliant by only stating that it's for 10.2 and up.  That's a little
> to vauge for me considering that 10.3 is so big it's on 3 CD-ROM's!

My non-VST external Firewire drive still works under 10.3.3, same goes for
my Epson Stylus C42UX and my digital camera, a Fujifilm Finepix S5000. Can't
you clone your current installation to your Firewire drive, then upgrade the
internal drive to 10.3? If something doesn't work, you could always start up
from the external Firewire drive or restore your saved 10.2.8 installation
over 10.3...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

cretinous /kret'n-*s/ or /kreet'n-*s/ adj.: Wrong; stupid; non-functional;
very poorly designed. Also used pejoratively of people. See dread high-bit
disease for an example. Approximate synonyms: bletcherous, bagbiting,
losing, brain-damaged.