Hi,
AFAIK, Panther doesn't allow booting from OS from any
disc in any system. OS 9 Helper will install 9.2.2 on
old world Macs (powerbooks, too?), but I've never used
it. Ah, the old days - when we could de-activate and
re-bless Sys Folders at will with mininal risk.
Also, does Panther install allow for installing OS 9
disk drivers - I doubt it.
What is the Rom version of your iBook? If it's a SW
Rom (new world Macs), can you burn a bootable/install
CD with a newer version?
Did you have an earlier OS on the HDD and was it
spanning also?
How did you install OS9 on the TiBook? Is it a
system-specific install CD?
George (just my 2¢)