From: Hector I Macedo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: iBook HD wierdness
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 22:43:00 -0500

John said:

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have Panther on my iBook, and I can't get
OS 9 to install either. I decided that it wasn't worth it to wipe the
drive and start over again. It took way too long to get everything
installed and set up just the way I wanted it, and I'm not about to
start all over again!

To reply to a couple of notes here: I am talking about a 600mhz iBook, so it can boot into OS9. In fact I have tried that, where I have seen the monitor-spanning phenomenon. I tried booting from a couple of OS9 CD's and ran Drive Setup to erase the HD first, but still get the message I can't run the installer on this computer. I then re-installed Panther, making sure to install OS9 drivers. I can, however, update the driver on the disk from an OS9 CD.

--- JSH TiBook