this just worked for me:

Open up the classic pref pane and it should see the new OS9 folder, click on it and start classic. this should "bless" the folder

On May 15, 2004, at 11:43 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

on 15/05/04 17:58, Larry le Mac at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you already have a working OS 9 system folder,
you can certainly try to copy it over the new drive.
Then, you can check in startup disk to see if you can
boot from that drive and even try to boot from the drive.

If one does this (haven't tried) and the OS 9 system folder does NOT appear blessed, is there anyway to make it blessed, i.e. bootable ?

Clarification: I make a backup copy of the OS 9 System folder
and then after having done a clean reinstall of OS X.3 I copy
the OS 9 system folder onto the disk and then it does not appear
in the Startup Disk options. I recall rebuilding the DB did this in
OS 7 through 9...

Another way that used to work under 9 was to remove the Finder file from the
system folder, drop it next to the folder then put it back. I don't know if
that would work but it's worth a try...

-Laurent.
-- ======================================================================= =====
Laurent Daudelin AIM/iChat: LaurentDaudelin <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |

Robert

AOL IM wingnut022074

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." Erica Jong