On Jun 2, 2004, at 9:25 AM, Al Poulin wrote:

Hal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm in the process of changing jobs and am considering purchasing a new
Powerbook (got a lump sum payment and am eyeing a new computer). I'm
wondering if anyone has made the switch from a G3/800 or 900mHz or so
iBook to a 1.25, 1.33 or 1.5gHz Powerbook and could share their
experience.

No direct experience here. But reading between the lines, I feel you do not
really, really, need to do this. The PowerBook would be a little bit nicer
for what you do, but will not help you make money.

You nailed it pretty well there Al. I don't NEED to upgrade, but it'd be nice and I have some money I could spend. The bigger screen size is a "nice to have not need to have" for work...

I checked out the Small Dog site and it was helpful, particulary because they had a 1gHz TiBook with 1GB off ram for $1599. That seems like a good compromise for me. It'll be a bit faster than the iBook I have, has more memory, and I get the widescreen to watch movies on the road (traveling for work) without spending $2500.

I've had good luck with Small Dog before, so I'll give it a shot. Besides, I'm sure my wife will appreciate the upgrade from her 600mHz iBook to my 900mHz one. :-)

cheers,
-Hal