My Reply follows quote. On 05/06/2004 11:09 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Recently my Wallstreet was attacked by a glass of water.  I took it apart
>and there didn't seem to be any water inside the machine....but of course,
>now she's dead (and I'm so depressed).  If I plug it in it tries to start
>up, whiring while the green power light goes on...but I don't think the
>hard drive even starts spinning and then it shuts back down.  In this
>process the screen doesn't light up and I have to wait a couple of hours
>for this to happen again (it won't start with the startup button).  So the
>process (just to repeat) goes like this.
>
>1.  Empty battery bays.  Insert power cord.
>2.  Startup light comes on, quick whirring sound for 2-3 second.
>3.  Sound stops, light goes off, and the machine is dead.
>4.  Repeat in an hour with same results.
>
>It doesn't seem to me like the entire machine is shot and with the wide
>array of parts on ebay I'm hoping someone could give me an idea on what
>this might be....any ideas from the Wallstreet family?
---------
If you are lucky, and your water is soft, you may be able to revive the
machine by THOROUGHLY drying in out. As a minimum, I would remove the
keyboard, hard drive, processor card and disconnect as many of the ribbon
cable connectors as I could reach without disassembling the computer and
let it air dry for a day or so.

I suspect that water has gotten into some of the connectors and is
causing faulty circuits. I suppose you could use a hair dryer on it after
you have done the disconnections to speed things up, just don't over heat
things!

Ken