On 05/06/2004, at 11:09 AM, Edward Jackson wrote:

Recently my Wallstreet was attacked by a glass of water. I took it apart and there didn't seem to be any water inside the machine....but of course, now she's dead (and I'm so depressed). If I plug it in it tries to start up, whiring while the green power light goes on...but I don't think the hard drive even starts spinning and then it shuts back down. In this process the screen doesn't light up and I have to wait a couple of hours for this to happen again (it won't start with the startup button). So the process (just to repeat) goes like this.

1.  Empty battery bays.  Insert power cord.
2.  Startup light comes on, quick whirring sound for 2-3 second.
3.  Sound stops, light goes off, and the machine is dead.
4.  Repeat in an hour with same results.

It doesn't seem to me like the entire machine is shot and with the wide array of parts on ebay I'm hoping someone could give me an idea on what this might be....any ideas from the Wallstreet family?

Sorry about the Wallstreet and I'm not sure what can be done, but....

"There are 10 different kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't."

I love this line!!!!!

Amanda