Hi, I recently obtained a WS 266mhz off a well-known auction webcite(!), with
the seller using the ol'
"gosh-I-don't-know-if-it-works-I-have-no-power-cord-2-test-it-with" shuffle; I have
had luck in the past, and the price was
righteous, so I took a chance...

Sure enough, when I received it it was acting erraticly; sometimes it would
startup; other times it would shut off for no reason & the fan and the green
light would cut on and stay on indefinitely.

I thought it might be a bad pram and/or charge board and/or processor, so I
commensed to dismantling it. Come to find out, it was a Series I motherboard
with a Series II(!) 266mhz processor!

I put in a 250mhz WS processor and it works fine now.

My questions (finally!) are these: I assumed that mis-matching a WS series I
or II motherboard with a series II or I processor would result in the laptop
not working at all. Eveidently not? Anyone have similar experiences?

Also, by mis-matching the processor/motherboard, is there any chance either
part could have been damaged?

Thanks...

Craig W.
Atlanta GA

"If you go to war you have already lost"
---Shogun Tokugawa