[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>My questions (finally!) are these: I assumed that mis-matching a WS series I
>or II motherboard with a series II or I processor would result in the laptop
>not working at all. Eveidently not? Anyone have similar experiences?
This might be, but I never heard of it. I'd assume the CPU would adjust
it's speed to the appropriate divider matching the bus speed. I think
that in the Beige G3 at least , that is what will happen.
On the other hand, my experience with the Powerlogix 500Mhz G3 bluechip,
showed that you have to have the correct Mac Rom. Possibly Apple CPU's do
have the correct ROM, no matter what.
I did run my 266 CPU on the 83 Mhz original motherboard and it worked. I
did not check the speed, however. This was for a short time as the 83Mhz
board had problems.

>Also, by mis-matching the processor/motherboard, is there any chance either
>part could have been damaged?
I don't think so. I have matched several processors on one WS I and one
WS II boards and have had no probs, except for the Powerlogix 500Mhz G3
upgrade as mentioned.

Others may have more informed experiences.