The National Enquirer reports at 5:43 PM -0400 6/9/04, Timothy Luoma wrote:

>On 6/8/04 7:21 PM, "Samantha Goodson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Today I ordered a refurb 12" Ibook 800Mhz G4/256MB/30GB/Combo
>from the apple
> > store.  This is a big jump for me, as I'm writing this on a
>250Mhz G3 upgraded
> > 1400cs running OS 8.6.
>
>WOW! I once upgraded an office from 386/486 machines running DOS to
>Pentium3s running Win2k.  They skipped Win9x altogether like you skipped
>OS9!!
>

> > The ibook was as much as I could afford at one go, but I'd like to get
> > AppleCare, max out the ram, and get an airport card and base station.
>
>1) RAM
>2) Airport and base station (checkout AirTunes!)
>3) AppleCare
>
>Unless you drop your iBook, in which case I would suggest getting AppleCare
>first :-)

Hate to bring it up, but if you drop your iBook, AppleCare will be as
useless as a screendoor on a submarine. AppleCare will not cover
abuse, neglect or accidents.

But that raises an issue that I don't see mentioned very often. I
have had Safeware coverage since I bought my PB six years ago. It
covers practically everything that AppleCare won't. Safeware has an
excellent reputation and is used by a lot of PB owners. As easy as it
is to have an accident carrying around, and setting up, a PB from
place to place, I wouldn't dream of being without that extra
coverage. It's well worth the minimal cost IMO.

<http://www.safeware.com/>

My $.02 worth,

B0b