on 13/06/04 16:31, Gary Goldberg at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I called MacMall yesterday wondering if
> I they could recommend a wi-fi Cardbus card
> for my Wall Street since I don't want to depend
> on a 3rd party card's software to get it to
> work when I'm out of town.
>
> They told me I'd need OS X. True?

You don't need OS X and many cards based on the Lucent WaveLan will work
just out of the box, assuming you have the AirPort software installed in OS
9. In OS X, it is true that you need third party driver.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fat-finger vt.: 1. To introduce a typo while editing in such a way that the
resulting manglification of a configuration file does something useless,
damaging, or wildly unexpected. "NSI fat-fingered their DNS zone file and
took half the net down again." 2. More generally, any typo that produces
dramatically bad results.