At 5:42 PM -0600 6/13/04, Andrew Kershaw wrote:

The AirPort card is a special card with something funny going on. It's actually CardBus, but it doesn't work in CardBus slots. I've read that Apple switched a few pins around so that it will not work in standard CardBus slots but only in the AirPort slot. FWIW, WaveLAN cards do work as AirPort cards when installed internally.

Since the Airport card is based on the Orinoco Gold card it is not CardBus but PC Card only. I mention this distinction as part of the OPs confusion was with regard to CardBus vs PC Card.

Nope.

The AirPort card IS CARDBUS.  Excuse my yelling.

The internal slot is definitely CardBus, and the card is definitely keyed as CardBus, and the PC Card SDK's TuppleDumper tool treats the card as CardBus.

If it quacks like a duck...

It's CardBus, NOT PCMCIA.

Peace,
Drew