At 2:09 PM -0700 6/13/04, Ken wrote:
My Reply follows quote. On 13/06/2004 13:31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

        I called MacMall yesterday wondering if
I they could recommend a wi-fi Cardbus card
for my Wall Street since I don't want to depend
on a 3rd party card's software to get it to
work when I'm out of town.

They told me I'd need OS X. True?
-------
Why, of course! Why should you doubt the word of a retailer?!

Except that I shopped ebay, and found a "new, in box" Lucent
(Orinoco) Gold card,for $40.49, shipped, stuck in my Wallstreet
(OS 9.2) opened the already installed AirPort software, and it
connected immediately to my Graphite base station.

Except that Orinoco Gold is probably not CardBus. If you want to use native software (ie Airport s/w) under OS X it does need to be an 802.11g card which will likely be CardBus. I don't know if the OS 9 Airport software will work with an 802.11b card.

So the question is whether or not you really need a CardBus card.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA