At 10:34 PM -0400 6/13/04, Gary Goldberg wrote:
>There is no need for a cardbus card. I had an ORiNICO Silver card in a
Wallstreet and the card worked right off the box with the AirPort software
in OS 9.

-Laurent.

Sorry, I don't understand. Where DOES such a card go, if not in a Cardbus slot? In an expansion bay?

Seems I deleted all my Airport and Ethernet  and networking software
when I upgraded from 8.1 to 9.1 (at a user group - I only actually have
the 9.04 CD and 9.1 upgrade download).

I should mention that my intent is to be able to use my WS on the
road at a "hot spot", not at home (thus I'm not looking for a base
station right now)

I understand now what you are getting at. The WallStreet has CardBus slots true. CardBus slots however are a superset of PC Card (PCMCIA). CardBus can handle faster transfers. So your WallStreet can use either CardBus or simple PC Card devices. For 802.11b (11Mbps) you only need PC Card. For this the Agere or Orinoco cards will work directly with Apple's Airport software under OS 9. This is what I used prior to migrating to OS X on my WallStreet.

-- Clark Martin Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting