Hi, I'm Dan.

I'm brand new to the world of Mac (from years as a PC builder/fixer) and
have a nice G3 400 Pismo 2000, 20GB, 576MB, running 9.2.2 and X.  I have
been having a crash course on the whole Mac world for a week now, for the
first time ever, and am liking it so far.

I've been following this wireless thread, but I still have some reading to
do before I commit.  I must admit I am undecided as to my choice in wireless
hardware.  Apple hardware seems solid but limited in price range, yet the
affordable third-party gear seems to be touchier to get working on Macs.

I'm a low-end computing person, and would like to get as good a deal on the
wireless gear as I have so far on the box and accessories I've put together.
I don't need the fastest bestest gear on the block, but you-all seem to
share the same attitude of getting it working and keeping it for as long as
possible.

I have read so much conflicting data, even at Apple.com, that I can't
decide.  So where can I get hard technical info on the hardware in this
Pismo?  Is that a PCMCIA or an Airport slot?  Will one or another work
better with ClassicStumbler?  On and on..

Thanks for looking at my long-winded rambling.  I'll tighten it up next
time. :)

Dan