"Tom Wolfe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have a Lombard that I was going to sell since I got this Pismo.
>Sounds like I can use the backlight from that.
>Do I need to find one of those manuals I am not allowed to ask about,
>or would common sense and care enable me to switch the backlights?
PBs Lombard and Pismo display housings are different but the LCDs inside
are almost certainly interchangable. Rather than tear apart an LCD for
the BL, wouldn't it be easier to just switch the LCDs, yes? And since you
mention the *cough*manuals*/cough*, note that none contain any
instruction on how to open and operate on an LCD's guts.

Alternatively, source a new BL CCFL bulb, typical cost is $10 - $20 for
the part. Hmmmmm, I seem to remember folks recommending a supplier named
JKLamps or similar. Anyone have a CCFL source they can recommend? Keep in
mind, if you have _any_ doubts about replacing the BL bulb yourself, it's
probably best to not do it. LCD panels are a very fragile and it's
oh-so-easy to ruin an otherwise working display.

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700