I just wanted to make a comment (and I am top responding because that is Mail.app's default and I don't know how to change it... I am lazy butt too!).

I've had my Pismo since Sept. 2000 and noticed after a few months of use that the screen would be pinkish on waking from sleep. There was a lot of doom and gloom at the time on various lists and discussion boards, speculation that the Pismo screens were bad. Some folks apparently went an got screen or back light replacements.

Like I said, my Pismo would wake from sleep pinkish, but within a few minutes the screen was back to normal brightness and color, so I just lived with it.

I haven't had the strong pinkish tone since using Jaguar and now Panther. The Pismo is darker in the lower left corner when waking from sleep, but again, within a minute or two the brightness evens out.

Does your Pismo do this, is it okay after a few minutes? If so I don't think there is much of a problem.

Turtle-Bear