Bob,

thank you for answering my question. I did find the information you wrote
about in the  "Main Identities" folder, which is in the "Identities" folder
which is in the "Microsoft User Data" folder. I will keep this for future
reference.

The problem I had was solved by un-clicking Unread only under View in the
menue. I don't know how it got checked in the first place. Before trying
that I followed up another suggestion to hold down option and open Outlook
Exp. which rebuilt the program.

But your information is important to keep on file.
Thanks again,
Lily