A follow-up note to the steps below is that when you enable the "Reimport
Internet Explorer favorites" option in TinkerTool, Safari will automatically
import bookmarks from Internet Explorer at its next launch. After the Safari
is launched, the option in TinkerTool will automatically be unchecked.

Regards
Tristan