Is it a ASCII password or HEX key? If it is a Hex key you need to start with a "$". I had this problem with a D-link router. I missed the line it the instructions that mentioned that. :-)

JeffW.

Okay, I'm stumped. I've got an just-obtained iBook 700 (OS X -- 10.1.3) with
built-in Airport card. I'm having no success connecting it to my local
network, which the Airport card "sees" as an Airport Network. I select my
local Wi-Fi network name and put in the 10-character WEP password. After a
pause, the iBook says I've entered the wrong password. Searches through the
built-in Help menu offer no clues.