on 12/07/04 19:13, Mikael Byström at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Laurent, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
>> Do you have your language in other applications, like iTunes, iPhoto, Help
>> Viewer and the likes or are they missing your language too?
>
> Yes, it's only in the Finder I have this problem. That's why I went
> looking for finderrelated settings files. Earlier, some of the folders
> had names in my language, but over a few migrations between machines I
> lost those as well. As the only common denominator is my home folder,
> there must be something in there. AFAICT it's not a preferences file, at
> least not a visible one.

I would suspect that during some migrations, some international files were
left over. You could maybe try to re-install a minimal system over your
current installation, making sure that you have the additional language
selected. However, if you already upgraded to 10.3.4, the system installer
might not want to install 10.3 over that installation.

Another thing you could do which would probably be less risky would be to
use Pacifist to open the packages that the 10.3 installer use to install the
system and do a search for your language.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.