on 13/07/04 19:53, Mikael Byström at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Laurent, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
>> I would suspect that during some migrations, some international files were
>> left over. You could maybe try to re-install a minimal system over your
>> current installation, making sure that you have the additional language
>> selected. However, if you already upgraded to 10.3.4, the system installer
>> might not want to install 10.3 over that installation.
>
> As this problem didn't affect other users on my system, I thought this
> suggested solution unlikely to solve the problem.
>
> Instead I started digging. It turns our I needed to
> 1. delete this invisible pref file: ".GlobalPreferences.plist"
> AND
> 2. make sure there was an empty ".localized" file inside every folder
> that needed to change name when logged in with my local language.

Sorry, didn't realize that other users on your system were not affected. Of
course, you took the right course of actions...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

dangling pointer n.: [common] A reference that doesn't actually lead
anywhere (in C and some other languages, a pointer that doesn't actually
point at anything valid). Usually this happens because it formerly pointed
to something that has moved or disappeared. Used as jargon in a
generalization of its techspeak meaning; for example, a local phone number
for a person who has since moved to the other coast is a dangling pointer.
Compare dead link.