At 12:48 PM -0400 7/30/04, Timothy Luoma wrote:
On Jul 30, 2004, at 11:36 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

Also a tip:

That URL above is tailor made for TinyURL <http://www.tinyurl.com> This site lets you take that gigantic URL and turn it into this: <http://tinyurl.com/45sgr>

Indeed, however, a few notes:

1) There are folks who "war drive" TinyURL... basically, they just type in random characters to see what comes up. Don't link confidential stuff there... although, if it's on the web unprotected, it's hardly confidential

2) I always recommend that people who post a TinyURL address *also* post the full URL. Why? Well, consider any of these possibilities:

And when you post any URL, even a short one put the greater than "<" and less than ">" characters around it as shown above. This allows the web browser to get the whole URL even if it line breaks.
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting