Alejandro, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Yes, but there's some help from the ATI Rage 128.

There's more help than some.

Now, guess what graphics card is in the iBook 366 (Blue & Lime)? The
linked article is from the 27th of Sept 2000 and according to everymac
the iBook 366 was released on the 13th of Sept 2000, suggesting this
model (and the 466 obviously) have a graphics card with DVD decoding
builtin. So unless Apple shortcircuited that somehow for obscure reasons
a DVDplayer in an iBook seems at least somewhat likely to work.

ATI's RAGE Mobility 128(TM)Chip transforms Apple's iBook
"The RAGE Mobility 128 provides remarkable multimedia functionality, all
in true 32-bit color, and incorporates an integrated MPEG-2/DVD decoder
with iDCT and motion compensation, which enables full frame rate DVD
playback combined with very low CPU utilization."
<http://www.active-hardware.com/english/archives/arc8-2000.html>

If someone have info that suggest that the DVD decoding of this card have
been blocked somehow, or that there are actually two different cards, I'm
all ears.